Thursday 28 February 2008

INTERVIEW WITH JULIAN COPE

This interview with Julian Cope was recorded at the "Blake's Shadow" private view. Julian requested that he not be filmed, hence this interview is audio-only, accompanied by an on-the-spot illustration by Mark Penman.

Name
- Julian Cope

Current job and place of employment
- I write at home and reseach throughout the UK and Europe. Although my last book was about Japanese culture, I didn't need to visit as I'd done four tours there previously.

What did you study at sixth form or college?
- French, Russian, English and History.

Did you go to University or any other higher education institution? If so, where and what did you study?
- At college, I studied art and drama until the Punk phenomenon stopped my studies dead in their tracks.

What was or who was the biggest influence on your choice of career?
- My two career influences were TS Eliot and Jim Morrison.

Any other comments?
- Persist and you will achieve your goals.

Download the interview with Julian Cope

No comments: