Tuesday 12 February 2008

INTERVIEW WITH DR MARIA BALSHAW

This week's interview features the director of the Whitworth Art Gallery, Dr Maria Balshaw.

Name
- Dr Maria Balshaw

Current job and place of employment
- Director, The Whitworth Art Gallery

What did you study at sixth form or college?
- English Literature, History, Geography

Did you go to University or any other higher education institution? If so, where and what did you study?
- English Literature and Cultural Studies BA at the University of Liverpool
- MA and PhD at the University of Sussex

What was or who was the biggest influence on your choice of career?
- Artists, especially from the early 20th Century in the US and Europe

Any other comments?
- I have had more than one career; three in fact! It took me until my mid 30s to work out what I really wanted to do, as opposed to things that I was good at but didn't love. I think you need to look on finding a career as a lifetime project.


Download the video interview with Dr Maria Balshaw

No comments: